Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pinterest Inspiration

Do you use Pinterest? These days it is my favorite time mudslide. I pop on just "for a few minutes" and time slides by, and before I know it an hour (I swear only an hour) of my life is gone. I wanted to share my favorite project I have done so far, inspired by one of my pins. Here is the powder room wall collage from howdoesshe.com . I loved this idea so much I had to incorporate it on the wall behind my couch.



For the letter "C", I used MDF cut down to the same dimensions as my picture frames. I then tried several times to draw out by hand a fancy swirly "C". I'm not too good at drawing or sketching. So I finally enlisted the help of my artist friend Carly. If I hadn't, the project still probably wouldn't be done. Sad but true. I used a scroll saw to cut out the letter. The saw left the C very scraggly at the edges so it took quite a bit of sanding to get it smooth and worthy of hanging on my wall. I then covered the C in a coat of Mod Podge to seal the MDF. It is very porous so if I hadn't used Mod Podge or primer, it would have taken many, many coats of paint to cover the surface. Lastly I used a flat black spray paint on the letter "C".



















I purchased the matte black frames from Michael's. The pics of my three cute kiddos were taken by my photographer friend Jean Mathewson. She has such a gift for making my kids comfortable having their photos taken and capturing them in their everyday way - not all cheesy and posed. Check out her fabulous work at www.mathewsonphotography.com



I could not be more happy with the way my wall turned out. Have you made a project inspired by something you pinned on Pinterest? I entered my project at the CSI Project for those projects that were inspired by something you pinned on Pinterest. Definitely head over there and check out some of the other entries!

Visit thecsiproject.com

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the Pinterest Party over at the CSI Project. I LOVE the way your wall turned out! I've been looking for something to add to my bedroom project and I think I've just figured out what to do {thanks}. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks littlebluesroom for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dropping by as the guest judge on The CSI Project this week. Great job! I love how your curly C turned out.

    ReplyDelete