Friday, April 1, 2011

Framed Decoupage Egg

So you finished making your Spring Decoupaged Egg. Now we are ready for Project Part II. I took a frame I had in "storage" in my basement. Never used it because somewhere, somehow the glass broke. Surely my boys had absolutely nothing to do with it. I removed the back and carefully disposed of the broken glass.



Lay out some newspaper and spray a coat of primer on your frame.




Once your primer is dry, spray paint your picture frame. It may take several light coats of paint to get your desired finish.





It took about 4-5 coats of paint to get a nice glossy pink finish on my frame. The photo above is after only one coat.


Next I covered the back part of the picture frame in a sheet of vellum paper. Once the frame was dry I used ribbon and tied it around the top part of the frame then replaced the backing (that is vellum covered) onto the back of the frame. 3 M Command strips were used to attach the decoupaged egg to the frame backing.



Mine is hanging outside our powder room. Where will you hang yours? 

This project is linked up at:



UndertheTableandDreaming Photobucket Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

No comments:

Post a Comment